What I Realized During the Lockdown Period and How it affected my Way of Life.

TOPIC : What I Realized During the Lockdown Period and How it affected my Way of Life .

    How the lockdown has affected my life?

    RAM the never-seen-before crisis, kids and their parents are adapting to the new norm of virtual
    education as schools remain shut.The Tribune asked its student readers to express how they have been
    dealing with the pandemic situation. Here is what they say .



    ‘Miss playing sports but happy to be with family’

    The global Covid-19 pandemic unexpectedly entered our lives and put everything to a halt. It affected
    the lives of people around the world bringing a flood of tension and worries followed by negative
    thoughts and piles of boredom. But I took it as a challenge to handle this situation with determination
    and positivity thereby taking advantage of the lockdown. My parents motivated me to complete this
    challenge.
    The lockdown has affected my life quite disturbingly. My first priority, Taekwondo Federation of
    India National-Level Championship, scheduled in March got postponed. I desperately wanted to win a
    national gold medal in taekwondo for the second time. Another high valued South Asian Cup Martial
    Arts Championship in Nepal that was due in Feb-March 2020 also got delayed. I was really looking
    forward to more tournaments in 2020. But my coaches have not let my fitness get off the track as I am
    enjoying virtual classes.
    On the other hand, I also had the best experience of my life by participating in online classes, wherein
    I also got to clarify my doubts. I learned a new way to give exams online but also I miss talking to and
    playing with my friends. My birthday falls in March so I was planning to have a huge celebration at
    my grandparent's house and enjoy a long holiday before the next session. But who knew that this
    would not become a reality due to Covid-19. All elders have assured me of a grand party after the
    pandemic situation gets over.
    I often miss visiting a local temple and other such holy places. I learnt to maintain proper cleaning and
    hygiene and also urged everyone to follow the same. In this situation I, along with my family, tried
    our best to follow the guidelines issued by the government thus taking full precautionary measures.
    The best outcome of this situation has been that the virus has made us aware of valuing food, water,
    fruits and other essential items along with benefits of yoga and exercises followed by intake of herbs
    and healthy food. It has also taught us the importance of spending times with one's family and
    exploring ourselves. I am happy to get some more time to follow my hobby of reading books and to
    learn new things like Vedic maths along with co-curricular activities via online platforms. I pray toGod that soon the day comes when we get the news that there are no more any coronavirus cases in
    the world.

    Homebound yet connected with everyone

    We all know that the Covid pandemic is a global crisis and everybody is struggling with health as
    well as financial issues. We students are also stuck at home and cannot go anywhere. But still we are
    connected with our teachers and classmates through online classes.
    The good thing is that now there is no tension to wake up early in the morning and we can ne up late
    at night. I spend maximum time with my mom as she always encourages me to do new things. I also
    spend time in painting, dancing, cycling and playing games. But I also miss my school days too. I'M
    eagerly waiting to meet my friends and teachers after this lockdown is over. I pray to God that
    everything becomes normal like before the Covid epidemic happened.

    Can’t wait till school reopens’

    Due to Covid19 not only mine but lives of all have been affected. Everyone has come under
    lockdown. Before this, kids used to get up early, wear school uniform and go to school. Teachers
    taught lessons in classrooms. But now, online classes have set a new educational trend. We are
    attending classes from homes on our mobiles and laptops. Teachers making extra efforts to teach in
    this situation. However, the real fun of studying is in classrooms, sitting with all classmates. Now, I
    miss my school a lot.
    However, right now all we can do is pray to God that with its blessings we again get to enjoy these
    memorable times. COVID-19 has brought about an immense change in our personal hygiene habits
    also. So now we have to change our habits and lifestyle to beat the effects of the coronavirus.

    Lessons from a pandemic: My learnings during the lockdown .

    We’ve read enough about how tough life has been due to COVID-19, but what positives can
    we take from the pandemic and what has the lockdown taught me? Pouring my heart out
    here!
    As the pandemic caused unprecedented havoc and emotional turmoil, it changed our lives
    like never before. I found myself struggling to balance my personal and professional
    commitments. For me, the extended lockdown resulted in sleepless nights and additional
    responsibilities, as these became my “new normal”.
    I decided that I won’t let all this impact my emotional and mental well-being, and made some
    lifestyle changes. In doing so, I picked some lockdown-friendly activities, which have now
    become my mantras for a healthy and peaceful life.




    Find happiness in the simple things of life

    Recently, my family was craving for Gulab Jamuns. My reluctance to order food during such times compelled me to surf for the best Gulab Jamun recipes. The savories turned out well, and I learned something new too. Who knew that if you don’t have cottage cheese or dry milk, you can use bread instead?! After preparing and enjoying them with the family, I
    realized the importance of the simple pleasures of life.
      
    How to cherish the simple things

     Ditch the fancy, simple is the new black
     Spend time with loved ones
     Take pleasure in the things around you

    Make health a priority

    Our sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits always needed improvement. We
    adopted some basic changes like avoiding frozen snacks and reducing our carbohydrate-
    intake. One simple step, and my family has a much healthier lifestyle now.
    You can also involve your family in household chores like mopping, washing clothes, and
    cleaning utensils. While you are at it, put on some of your favorite songs and challenge your little ones for a dance-off. Have fun with family, while also ensuring a workout and getting things done.

    What you can do to stay fit when indoors 

     Try laughing out loud to de-stress
     Pick easy exercises like skipping and on-the-spot jogging
     Practice meditation
     Eat healthy


    Be a minimalist

    Within a few days of the lockdown, I realized how much space my non-essentials were
    occupying. This made me re-evaluate our procurements and be minimalistic. Being a
    minimalist means making the best choices for only what is essential. The choices can reflect in the food you eat, the clothes you wear, the transport you use, etc. 
    Ask yourself: "Is it useful?" or "Do I really have to have it?" If the answer or rationale is in favor, it stays. With every ‘no’, you will find it easier to become a minimalist. 

    How you can be a minimalist

     Be clear about what you want
     Pen some non-negotiable rules for yourself and abide by them
     Shun things that you can avoid

    Make good use of online connect

    During college, an argument with a friend had led to a cold war between us. I recently came
    to know that she had not been keeping well. Given how things are these days, I called her
    instantly and within a few minutes, we were friends again!
    This is the best time to reconnect with long-lost friends and clear any misgivings. Apologize with all your heart and rejoice on the second chance. Even if there is no reconciliation, you can move on better, with the knowledge that you did the right thing.

    How to win a friend back?

     Stay connected with your friends
     Apologies are easy and rewarding. If you think you should, you can!
     Be a good listener
     Be receptive to new ideas

    Family always comes first 

    Before the lockdown, all of us were struggling to strike a balance. Extra hours at work, tiring commutes, and additional responsibilities made us ignore the little things in life. Now that we have time, we should cherish these moments and ensure that we do not go back to the previous normal.

    Here are some recommendations from what I did:

     Plan your schedule with your partner and take turns to manage household chores
     Make a timetable that covers every major activity, and follow it sincerely
     For important meetings, pick a distraction-free space to work comfortably
     Take periodic breaks to interact with family members

    Do things that make you happy!

    Growing up with multiple responsibilities, I missed out on some hobbies. During the
    lockdown, I regained my love for cooking as I experimented with various cuisines. Sunday
    has become the synonym for my family’s time to cook and try something different. I love
    cooking something new for my family. Even my kids eagerly await their evenings now, as I
    have entrusted them to help me prep up the dish of the day.
    I have also found a way of connecting with like-minded folks in the virtual world. My husband clicks the pictures of my experimental dishes and posts them on Instagram. To our surprise, we have got some new followers on the account too. This has worked wonders in beating the lockdown stress. It motivates me further to try something even more exciting each day.

    Post a Comment

    0 Comments